📣Shape the Future: Your Insights Needed for an Even Better YLP Competition!
Your voice matters in making the Young Logistics Professionals (YLP) Award even more remarkable. We are excited to invite you to share your thoughts and shape the future of this prestigious contest.
Take part in FIATA's quick survey and let us know how we can elevate the YLP experience for your association and the young professionals of your region. Your feedback will directly influence the competition's structure, benefits, and impact on young professionals' journey.
Click below to access the survey – it is your chance to make a difference and contribute to the growth of the logistics industry's rising stars.
Let's build an even brighter future for logistics together! ✨
Any questions on the YLP Award? Reach out to [email protected].
Secure your Registration and Visa to attend the 2023 FIATA World Congress in Belgium!
The countdown to the highly anticipated 2023 FIATA World Congress (FWC) has begun with one month to go, and FIATA is thrilled to extend this invitation to you. This year's Congress, centered around the theme "The Changing Climate of Logistics" will take place in Brussels, Belgium.
Information for International Participants
FIATA draws the attention of international participants requiring a Schengen visa to enter Belgium: FIATA and the Congress organisers want to ensure that your journey to the FWC is as smooth as possible. As such, we kindly invite you to check if your registration and payments are completed and your visa paperwork is in order. By doing so, you will not only secure your spot at this prestigious event, but you will also receive timely assistance from the Congress organisers that will facilitate your visa application process.
Exciting highlights to look out for on FIATA and the FWC2023's social media channels:
• Speaker details of various sessions are being released.
• New promotional videos will be revealed shortly.
• The FWC2023 Mobile App will be launched next week.
Stay tuned for more updates and register here for the Congress!
2023 FIATA Electoral General Meeting on 6 October
Last week, FIATA announced the Call of Meeting to draw members' attention to the Electoral General Meeting (EGM) which is taking place during the 2023 FIATA World Congress in Brussels. The procedure for the elections was detailed in the Circular letter issued earlier this year by FIATA on 5 May 2023, with the notification of elections.
The meeting will be held in hybrid format to ensure maximum participation, so FIATA Individual Members can also follow the meeting as observers via Microsoft Teams.
The FIATA 2023 EGM will take place on 6 October between 11:00-13:00 CEST.
- In-person participants can attend the meeting at Hall 400 - Level +4 at SQUARE, the Congress venue.
- Virtual participants can register on Microsoft Teams here to follow the meeting online and are requested to join 15 minutes prior to the start of the meeting.
Test sessions for voting delegates
Please note that these sessions are aimed at the voting delegates to ensure they are comfortable with the voting platform.
- Register here for the Wednesday, 27 September test session at 17:00 CEST.
- Register here for the Thursday, 28 September test session at 10:00 CEST.
Deadlines to note
- Deadline for Association or Group Members to appoint proxies is Wednesday, 20 September 2023.
- Deadline for Association or Group Members to register their voting delegate or request any motions for extensions or modifications to the Agenda is Friday, 22 September 2023.
- Last date for questions, comments and requests to take the floor should be addressed to [email protected] no later than Friday, 22 September 2023.
August edition of the FIATA Review is out!
Explore FIATA's latest project updates, its active engagement with the global FIATA membership and takeaways from:
- FIATA's engagement with the US-FMC and regulators to seek a level-playing field for its members;
- The recent International Maritime Organisation's (IMO) Marine Environmental Protection Committee (MEPC) decision and its impact for forwarders and shippers.
- How the Global Air Cargo Programme FIATA is advocating for what will be a game-changer for Regions Asia-Pacific and Africa and the Middle East;
- FIATA's ongoing work on the digitalisation of FIATA transport documents, the FIATA Digital Identity, and developing trusted networks;
- Information on the FIATA World Congress 2023 and answers to the most frequently-asked questions;
- Plan your calendar by noting upcoming logistics events highlighted in the FIATA Review.